Thursday, December 08, 2005

i need a driveway

i woke up one day and it was winter. if you're thinking, "well technically it's not winter until december 21," you are correct. you are also a jerk. it feels wintery, and that's good enough for me.
i never gave winter much thought in the past. that has changed. now i dread winter. i dread heating my apartment. i dread shoveling snow. i dread perpetually wind burned face. more than any of those things i dread parking. last winter broke me. the barrage of deep snow storm after deep snow storm brought me to the edge. i got angry at people i've never even met. angry is too mild a word to use. enraged is better. it seems silly that one would get so worked up over parking, but if a parking spot is not available because someone parked their car in the spot that i conscientiously dug out, they deserve my ire. it would not be aggravating if others took the same time and effort to remove snow, but they don't. they rely on the work of others, and that is what gets my goat. that's right, it gets my goat. worse than having your parking spot stolen is the fear of having your spot stolen. i didn't drive to work for weeks last winter just to avoid the possibility that i would come home to find some asshole in my spot. i probably would have broken something if that happened.
i should think about anger management. i need a driveway.

sincerely,
jim turbert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home