Friday, December 16, 2005

lackadaisical webloggery

it seems that i have reverted to my old ways of infrequent updates and lackadaisical webloggery. i can tell you why if you'd care to listen. i was wicked busy yesterday. work was jam packed with EXCITEMENT, and i could hardly control myself. people were printing, others were presenting their video projects, and there was much celebration in the cage. the cage is my office which also happens to be the photo/video supply area. it's quite glamorous. i have a slew of student workers who help me with day to day cage operations, and we celebrated the end of the semester. truth be told, it was a low key affair. the whole day was pretty low key, but in an active sort of way. today promises to be less so. it's rainy and quiet, and there's no one around. i must oversee an art history exam at 1:30, but beyond that, i expect to frequently snack and practice holding my breath. i suppose i could do some cleaning, but it's much easier to do that when they leave. they are the students, of course.
last night i left wellesley at around 6:30. i stopped at trader joe's and picked up some tortilla chips and stroop waffles (a fine dutch treat that you should try today). when i got home, i assembled my fancy new two bike stand. marleen was not happy that one of my bikes was residing in our kitchen. i thought it looked good in the living room, but she deemed that unacceptable. now both of my fine cycles are neatly stacked in the back hallway. i'm sure our neighbors hate my guts, but that is okay. they will probably keep it bottled up inside, and never say anything to me about it, and that suits me fine. after that i had to go to the stupid vet to get some eye ointment for young bea. i felt so stupid sitting in the waiting room surrounded by pets with serious problems. there was a girl there whose dog ate rat poison, and a beagle who was vomiting. another couple were being briefed on how to care for an epileptic cat. the rat poison dog owner asked me what was wrong with bea, and i told her that she has pink-eye. pink-eye is not an impressive ailment. it is unimpressive, yet i had to pay $140 to be told that i should put some ointment on it, but chances are it wouldn't work. that is solid science. i love throwing my money down the drain.
today i will work. it will be a quiet day, and not much will happen. then i will go home to put some inneffective goop on my cat's eyes. after that, i will contemplate my life for the rest of the evening. it's going to be awesome.

regards,
jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home